Sunday, September 12, 2010

When Opportunity Knocks

One would think an opportunist to be someone who uses people for their own personal gain and hurting people along the way. Now there are those that do exist, but I believe that being an "opportunist" you just realize an opportunity has knocked on your door and you took advantage. Now we I can take this into many different ways but this would be a 20 page post...I'll speak on those later when its in my spirit. I wanna talk about my favorite thing to talk about (do to the lack in my life) LOVE!!!!

Love presents a plethora of opportunities for us as humans to grasp that we find hard to for so many different reasons. Whether it be fear, judgement, sacrifice, or just plain hate....we decide to let these opportunities knock and we not open the door. This is where resentment sets in because we see others whom have opened their doors and we get jealous and they become "opportunists". WRONG!!!! They are the smart ones. They let go and let God and they took advantage of the an chance of a lifetime. To be with someone who takes them for them and vice versa. Don't condemn them for having what we've wanted all along but won't open an unlocked door.

I applaud the opportunists because they have opened their eyes to what I've been shading my own eyes from. So subconsciously dependent on what society has embedded in my mind that I don't go after the opportunities that present themselves for what opportunities I hope will come. We all do it though, "he's not really my type", "he lives in another city", "my friends think he's a hoe"...excuse we use to not open the door and allow the experience called life just happen. We all wanna control every single moment of what happens in an attempt to make sure we make memories we'll never forget. But what we forget is that we have the most memorable moments when things don't go as we planned. What makes you think your love life is any different??

Its time for us all to grow up and let things happen as they may and just say I learned this from that. Instead we wanna plan everything and only have some many regrets because what we thought we wanted was just the total opposite. Start letting opportunity knock on your door and allowing an open mind of what will happen when that door opens. Now I do not believe that all doors should be opened. Make sure you evaluate the knob and outdoor surroundings so you don't get robbed. Be cautious of the other opportunists I spoke of in the beginning. Just allow yourself to let go and take every love experience has a lesson til you pass the test and love reveals itself. Love does not live in fear so we shouldn't live in fear of love. Did you hear the door???

No comments:

Post a Comment