Tuesday, May 29, 2012

"YOU" An Ode to thePast, Present and Future

You were the 4 years of my life that made me exactly I am I am and what I know. I look back at you and just smile. We had the worst and best of times but they were all a foundation of what my heart is now. I now understand that all the shit we went through was stupid all because communication wasn't important. It just showed me that people do grow apart. I could never forget the memories that we have, the people I have met because of you, and the lessons we both learned. I always wish you the best and you know that you will always have the special place in my heart. You all are the ones who came in between to make me even more educated on the male species. The games you played, the lies you told just kept me on the right path to a destination I see in the near distance. It was all game for me and probably you too, but I'm winning! I watch so many of you tweet, facebook poke, take half nude pictures, and fall in and out of love so quickly. Those all make me just laugh to myself and say "damn they still don't know their worth, oh well maybe one day". See you there whenever you arrive. You were a far away admirer that I also admired from far away as well. Then you spoke and took me out to dinner. It was the start of something that I look back and would do all over again. A connection with you has taken me on so many different emotional rollercoasters that I stay buckled up for the next drop. I've been in and out of your life and you mine. But somehow something keeps us coming back for more. More of whatever it is that we can't title but also dont want to title. It's been great! You are important to me in a "big" way. You came into my life my birthday of "the influential" year. You were the honest and outspoken person I'd seen in a while. You like to talk on the phone all day because we lived apart, but once in person something changed. The communication changed, you changed and I changed right with you. I realized you wanted something and I wasn't the one to give it to you. The love is there and always will be but you want less than what I want and that's cool. Another in between, you've actually always been there but cant be there fully because you have to be someone else in your world. In my world, you are the ideal but your world doesn't understand my world and that's why you take the amazing journey and stay as long as you can. I show you a person you didn't think could exist and be happy and you have expressed it. You seem so much more comfortable in my world and you open up and I love that. You can't admit it, but what's understood doesn't have to be stated. You will always be able to come visit anytime. You were so unexpected and just came out of the blue. But you couldn't be mine because we understood too many bad things would come from this beautiful thing. This has made our relationship so much stronger because we have a love that know one would understand or even think could exist. You are amazing and an amazing friend, lover, confidante. Miss you and will always be there! Talk to you soon flat face! You showed up and my world has changed and I don't want it to go back to normal. I smile at the thought of you, the sight of a received text from you and the vision of your face across my screen. You are consistent, you communicate, you compromise and you make me happy. Where have you been? Sitting on the side lines waiting for me? Or maybe I just had to step up to the plate and take the first step down the road I've belonged on. And you are just the partner I want to take this journey with for the rest of the trip. I somehow know that you will be able to step right in and have what I need to make this trip a breeze and I will do the same for you. I'm so glad YOU came.

No comments:

Post a Comment